Want to know the best kept secret in the lumber yard? Head over to the fencing area and you will find it. Yep, untreated cedar fence boards are perfect for inexpensive DIY wood projects. With a little effort sanding and finishing, I think cedar is more attractive than traditional cheap pine boards.
Need proof? Check out each of these tutorials using cedar fence boards. For safety reasons, steer clear of the treated boards. They are soaked in chemical and breathing in that saw dust would be a bad idea.
Click on either the image or the link under the image to go to the full tutorials.
1. Modern Trapezoid planter. Make a statement with this large scale planter, either inside or out!
2. Split Herringbone Tabletop. While this tabletop is used outdoors, with care in finishing it looks polished enough to use indoors as well. This snazzy top can be built for around $35!
3. Rustic Beam Mantle. A great accent piece on the exterior of your home or if you want to embrace the rustic, yet modern look for your mantle this simple construction will look beautiful in your home.
4. Faux Shiplap Fireplace and Mantle. Got a blank wall that needs a focal point? Need a place to hang a mantle? Then this is your solution, because it can be built for around $100.
5. Rustic Fence Picket Framed Mirror. Who doesn’t love an oversized mirror? Thanks to Sarah at the Little Red Brick House, I bet you can guess what one of my next projects will be?
If you loved this post, hover over the image below and Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board! ?
Are you following Paper Daisy Design on Pinterest? Here’s a button to make it easy.